Our three step medically supervised weight loss management system offers an exceptional weight loss protocol without adverse side effects. During your time on the California Medical Weight Management program, your will have unrestricted access to the physician and medical staff, who will educate and guide you every step of the way while you attain your weight loos goal. A combination of vitamins, mineral and other supplements assure the preservation of your good health while you reach ideal weight.
Step one is a rapid weight loss part of the program. In your initial clinic visit our medical staff will take complete medical history, along with a weight loss physical exam, complete body composition, EKG and blood work, which are required to determine eligibility for the program. After the initial consultation you will be monitored on a weekly basis by our medical staff to ensure your weight loss goal is reached safely and quickly. Vital signs and weight are charted and monitored during each and every visit.
If qualified an FDA approved appetite suppressant medication will be prescribed. Medications will be prescribed if necessary and dispensed from the pharmacy next door. Therapeutic injections are dispensed at our clinic and for your convenience are included in the weekly charges. Additional supplements and vitamins can be purchased separately. The weekly monitoring visits are an integral part of the program and are mandatory.
Step two will begin when your goal weight has been reached. The weekly visits will continue in order to provide you with the utmost assistance in maintaining your newly achieved weight.
Step three is a comprehensive long term weight management program, with emphasis on behavioral modification, nutrition and exercise programs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW IS THE CALIFORNIA MEDICAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
- Medical Supervision: Every step of the program is taken under strict medical supervision. Our physicians, medical staff monitor your progress and well-being and are available for you.
- Physical Strength: The California Medical Weight Management program incorporates medical assessments, supplements, FDA approved medications, and carefully designed dietary and exercise plan to ensure that you achieve optimal health while reaching your weight loss goal.
- Emotional Strength: Your emotional well-being is very important to us and a critical part or your eventual success. The staff and even the company nutritionist is available to you as needed upon request through email/phone. There is an online forum on the CMWM web site where you can share achievements and get help and support when you encounter difficulties and celebrate with you when you triumph.
- Mental Strength: Education and information are a key component of our program. Our medical staff educate and inform you every step of the way, so that you understand exactly what is happening within your body and have the knowledge to take the program with you and make informed choices for the rest of your life.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN THE INITIAL VISIT?
In the initial clinic visit you will meet with one of our medical staff who will evaluate your physical health and your eligibility for the program. The visit will take 1 to 1.5 hours and consists of the following elements:
- Physical Exam
- Medical History
- Health and Diet history evaluation.
- Comprehensive Blood paned and tests
- Vital signs
- Blood pressure.
- Weight and body composition.
- Calculation of your BMI and recording of your body measurements.
- Medication (if qualified)
- Therapeutic Injection
- Calcium Pyruvate
- Fat Burner
- Diet and Exercise Program
- Patient Handbook
- Monthly journal.
If approved for the program. You will then be prescribed FDA approved medication (appetite suppressants) and one therapeutic injection. The medical staff will recommend and explain a weight managements plan tailored to your physical health and weight loss goal, consisting of a diet and exercise schedule. You will also be given a daily food journal in which to record everything you ingest and the physical exercise you do.
HOW MANY POUNDS CAN I EXPECT TO LOSE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF THE CALIFORNIA MEDICAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM? IN THE FIRST MONTH?
You can expect to lose between 5-7 lbs. in the first week and up to 20 lbs. in the first month when you follow the program. This depends of course on your compliance to following the program correctly.
WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE INJECTIONS? WHAT WILL THEY DO FOR ME?
The injections are designed to provide your body with nutrients, vitamins and minerals that it may not be getting from food during the first two steps of the diet. These injection will help the body excrete fat more efficiently [fat loss] and will reduce fatigue.
WHAT KIND OF EXERCISE DO I NEED TO DO?
Our program follows the exercise guidelines of the National Institutes of Health. This coves all three components of exercise: stretching, aerobic exercise and weight training. Important: Generally we do accept patients who insist on doing more than an hour of moderate exercise a day. Our diet plan does not support heavy intense exercise.
YOUR PROGRAM IS PROTEIN BASED, WHAT IF I AM A VEGETARIAN?
You can still participate in or program if you are vegetarian. We have created a diet for you based on vegetable-derived protein sources but it is not as extensive in choice. There is a very limited amount of beans and lentils on our vegetarian plan because they are so high in carbohydrates.
CAN I DO THE CALIFORNIA MEDICAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM IF I AM DIABETIC?
Yes. We have designed a program specifically for diabetic patients.